Available in loose (8.5" x 11"), matted, or in a black wood or metal frame (11"x14").
Big Four Bridge, 1895
This scene depicts the renovated "Big Four Pedestrian and Bicycle Bridge" looking towards Jeffersonville, Indiana.
Spanning the Ohio River from Louisville, Kentucky to Jeffersonville, Indiana, the six span truss bridge was actually named after the railroad company that purchased and used the bridge, the Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago and St. Louis Railway, and nicknamed the "Big Four Railroad" after the four railroad lines.
The bridge spans 2,525 feet, or 115 feet short of a half mile. Built in 1895 and updated in 1929. The bridge has a new life as a pedestrian and bicycle bridge, part of the revitalization of the Louisville riverfront known as Waterfront Park. The new pedestrian and bicycle ramp allowing access to the bridge main deck from the Louisville side was opened on February 7, 2013, and the Indiana ramp opened on May 20, 2014.