Available loose (8.5"x11"), matted, or in a black wood or metal frame (11"x14").
Brennan House Historical Home ca. 1868
The Brennan House is the last remaining Victorian mansion along what was once a residential street in downtown Louisville. Located at 631 S. 5th, the house dates to 1868 and features original interior finishes, lighting and furnishings from the Brennan family's extensive personal collection. This authentic historic home harkens to a time when horse-drawn carriages clip-clopped through downtown and 5th Street was lined with similarly appointed residences that reflected the grace and style of wealthy urban families in the late 19th century.
The Brennan House was built by tobacco wholesaler Francis Slaughter Jones Ronald and purchased in 1884 by Thomas Brennan, a native of Ireland and prominent inventor. He and his wife, Anna, had eight children who occupied the home through 1969. It is listed on the National Register and is a local landmark. The building is the headquarters of Preservation Louisville, Inc. a 501 (C)(3) charitable non-profit organization, whose mission is to protect and promote the cultural, architectural and environmental heritage of our community. Its stewardship of the Brennan House exemplifies this mission.
To contact the Brennan House: www.thebrennanhouse.org