Available loose (8.5"x11"), matted, or in a black wood or metal frame (11"x14")
Cathedral of the Assumption, 1852
From the gold cross 287 feet in the air, to the crypt of the first bishop of the West, the historic richness and striking gothic architecture of the Cathedral of the Assumption invites visitors far and wide to its door.
Built in 1852 by William Keely and Isaiah Rogers, it is one of the oldest cathedrals in continuous use in the United States. The cathedral is located on Fifth Street between Muhammad Ali Boulevard and Liberty Street. Renovated in 1994 by the Cathedral Heritage Foundation, this urban cathedral is also a center for inter-religious dialogue and cooperation.