duPont Manual High School, 1934
duPont Manual High School was built in 1934 and designed by architect J. Meyrick Colley. The building is in the Gothic Revival Style of architecture.
The school began in 1892 at Brook and Oak Street, where it was known as the duPont Manual Training High School, after Alfred Victor duPont. From 1915-1918, the school merged with Male High School to form the Louisville Boys High. In 1950, the school moved into the current building at 120 West Lee Street, known then as Halleck Hall and home to the Louisville Girls High School. The school became co-ed, and the named was changed to duPont Manual High School. In1984, the name was changed again to duPont Manual Magnet High School and is now recognized by the U.S. Government as a National School of Excellence.