Highlands Carnegie Library 1907 - National Register of Historic Places
Built in 1907 through a financial gift from industrialist Andrew Carnegie, the Highland Carnegie Library was the first public library building constructed south of the Mason-Dixon Line. The library served the community for nearly a hundred years.
Designed by the prominent Louisville architectural firm of Hutchings and Hawes, the building is an excellent example of a combined Neo-Classical and Monumental Style. Purchased and restored in 1997 by Mark A. Thompson, the building now serves as the executive offices for Thompson Investment Advisors, and in keeping with its historical community connections, the Cherokee Triangle Association.