City Hall, Louisville 1873 - National Register of Historic Places
The City Hall of Louisville was completed in 1873. The building was designed by John Andrewartha in association with C. S. Mergell and is a mixture of Italianate Style and French Second Empire Style. The exterior stone is from the White River quarries near Salem, Indiana.
City Hall was built at a cost of $464,778. The 196 foot tall, four faced clock tower was rebuilt after a fire in 1875 damaged the original tower, and was designed by Henry Whitestone.