Diploma Frame for Sacred Heart Academy, with a blue mat and gold frame. Image features Sacred Heart Academy's 2014 Remodel. 15" x 22"
Sacred Heart Academy, Present
Sacred Heart Academy was founded in 1877 by the Ursuline Sisters and has served as a college preparatory school for girls since that time. In December 1960, four acres bordering the east boundary of the Ursuline Sisters’ property was purchased as the site for a new Sacred Heart Academy building. The 1962 building is the fourth school building to house SHA students on the Ursuline Campus since 1877. On September 16, 2010, the renovated front entrance to Sacred Heart Academy was blessed. The front entrance to the 1962 building includes new windows, a portico, new road leading up to SHA, and the Doris Boland Jones Tower. Lighted at night, the tower and its cross are a spiritual beacon for the community. The renovation was part of the $9.55 million Ursuline United Capital Campaign.