Saint Brigid, 1913
St. Brigid Catholic Church was built in 1913 at the corner of Baxter and Hepburn. Designed by architect Cornelius Curtin in a Classical Revival Style subtype known as the French Renaissance Style.
This was the third church of the St. Brigid Parish which was established in 1873 as Saint Bridget with Father James Ryan as the first pastor who dedicated the church to Saint Bridget of Sweden, serving many of Irish heritage. In 1887 Father Henry Connelly moved the church to its current location and changed the patroness to Saint Brigid of Ireland. It housed and fed victims of the Great Flood of 1937, and supplied food to over 1,600 local victims.
It clustered with St. James Catholic Church on Bardstown Road in 1994, and is part of the Highlands Five, collaboration with four other parishes.